One who shall die - greets you!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

To write or not to write?

Photo taken from Huffpost.
Amanda Patterson at Writers Write has written an excellent post The Myth of Writer's Block. She says:
The most common excuses for not writing are:
Family: I have children. I’m the family taxi. I have to be there for my husband/wife.
Work: I work long hours. I’m too tired after a day at the office. I have to work overtime so that we can afford a new car / bigger house.
Time: I’m too busy. I’ll do it tomorrow / next month / next year. I can’t write late at night / early in the morning.
General: I’m not inspired. I’m too old/young. I’m too tired/depressed/sick.
Our Favourite: It’s not what you know but who you know in publishing. (I thought this one works only in the Balkans. :-))
And poses a question:
If you were told you were going to die tomorrow, would you regret not having written?
Searching for a good photo for this post, I found Rick Smith's article What Would You Do if You Were Going to Die Tomorrow? Or Not.

Fits well, doesn't it?

And don't forget to read Amanda's post. :-)

4 comments:

Majda Jurić said...

Teta pravo zbori. 365 dana x 1 stranica = debela knjiga.

Alen Kapidžić said...

My favorite: (..) don’t fool yourself – writers write; pretenders to the throne make excuses. The reasons for not writing are laziness and lack of self-discipline.

:-)

L.S. said...

I don't understand first comment. is it some slavic language or what?

Alen Kapidzic said...

I believe it is. Some Slavic barbarian language. Probably southern. I can sense that irritabile "r".